Friday, July 5, 2013

Turkey, Cranberry, and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Hello lovelies! I hope each and every one of you had an amazing Independence Day yesterday. Today, I decided that I wanted to take it easy. I can imagine that a lot of you are still trying to recover from some rowdy parties and gatherings, so today I figured we'd make some delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.

No, we will not be making bland, boring grilled cheese. We are taking a huge step away from that. We will be making turkey, cranberry, and brie grilled cheese. This would be the perfect day after Thanksgiving sandwich, like, no joke. It looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, and tastes amazing! It'll have your taste buds wishing for Thanksgiving to arrive sooner rather than later. I know I'm salivating at the thought of all the food that will be sitting on our serving table come Thanksgiving...

Anyway... I'm ready to get into the kitchen and grill us up something delicious. How about you? Yes? Great! I'll meet you there!

**Note: This recipe makes 2 sandwiches. If you need more, tweak the recipe for however many servings you need.**





Turkey, Cranberry, and Brie Grilled Cheese
Serves 2





You will need:



  • 4 slices cranberry walnut bread
  • 6 slices brie, rind removed
  • 4 slices turkey breast, about 6 ounces
  • 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons butter



Ready?





  1. Heat a skillet on medium heat. 
  2. Butter one side of each piece of bread. 
  3. On the unbuttered side of the bread layer the brie, the cranberry sauce, 2 slices of turkey and a few avocado slices. 
  4. Repeat to prep the other sandwich.
  5. Place a slice of bread on top of each sandwich, buttered side up, cover with a lid and grill in the skillet until the bread becomes golden. 
  6. Flip the sandwiches once, cover again with lid and cook until cheese melts and bottom piece of bread becomes golden. 
  7. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve hot.
  8. Enjoy!




Thank you for joining me today. I'll be back tomorrow for Breakfast Saturday, so stay tuned! Until then, have a wonderful day and I'll catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to all!