Now that things are fixed, that means we can get back into the kitchen and make those tasty meals that everyone enjoys, however, I'm still in strike mode. We will be making a tasty meal, but luckily this isn't one of those meals that requires 10,000 hours in the kitchen.
The meal we will be making is hot Colby ham sandwiches. These bad boys remind me of Arby's, only they look gourmet. They are perfect for family gatherings, parties, and social get-togethers. Well, I'm going to make my way toward the kitchen. I hope to see you all there!
Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices Colby cheese
- 16 pieces thinly sliced deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 1.5 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar.
- Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella.
- Brush with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace the roll tops.
- Brush with the remaining butter mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
See how easy that was? I like to think that that was one of the simpler meals we've made from this blog. Now, my friends, I urge you to go out with friends and family and enjoy those delicious mock-gourmet sandwiches. Stay tuned for Dani Wednesdays, and until then, happy blogging to all!