This week I am posting one of my client’s favorite meals. The bonus is my son said, “Mom, this is the bestest dinner ever!” We have been experiencing crazy humid weather here in California, so this is a nice light meal when you feel all sweaty. Aside from the turkey, I add quinoa and lots of veggies. Perfect way to sneak vegetables and fiber into your family’s diet.
Greek Mini Turkey Burgers
- 1 package of lean ground turkey
- ½ c cooked quinoa
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Field greens
- Tzatziki – recipe below
- Sliced tomato
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. (This will lessen the mixing once the turkey is added. Over worked turkey will be tough after cooking)
- Add turkey and eggs mixing by hand.
- Use a tbsp to measure 2 spoonfuls into your hand and form into a patty.
- Continue until all meat mixture has been pattified.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat to medium.
- Cook patties until they are browned on each side, about 4 minutes a side or until internal temp reaches 180 degrees.
Below is a recipe for Tzatziki. I like to serve these burgers in tortillas with field greens, feta and this sauce. Super delicious!
Tzatziki – yogurt cucumber sauce
- 8 oz Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 c diced cucumber
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
Combine and top your favorite burger, salad or just eat with pita chips.