Hey foodies, friends, and bloggers! Today I really wanted to make a breakfast that was simple and incorporated peanut butter. I love grabbing a spoon, dipping into the jar of peanut butter, and calling it a day. There's nothing better than peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth and then washing it all down with a tall glass of milk. Or soy milk. Whatever floats your boat.
Anyway, today's recipe is super simple. It makes 8 bars total, and the plus side? They're healthy. This is a great way to get your kids to eat right without sacrificing on flavor. There's no oil, no white sugar, and no butter. The ingredient that gives this flavor would be the brown sugar which I love to use in many recipes. Anyway, I'm going to mosey along into the kitchen. I invite you all to join me. I hope to see you all there!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Yields 8 squares
You will need:
- 1.5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add in the mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8x8-inch metal baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and dig in!
Okay everyone, I'll be back tomorrow with yet another recipe. More than likely I'm going to be taking Monday off due to the holiday. I might come around that day with a recipe, but then again, I might have a movie day with the hubby. Who knows? Anyway, have a great day and I'll catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to you all!