Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dani Wednesdays: Low-Salt Chicken Tenders

Hello, again. As promised, I am sharing on of my new recipes I was working on for my client. Turns out my son really liked these and loves the leftovers cold in his lunch the next day. The key to low or very low salt cooking is adding spices. Need to use more than you normally would to make up for the loss of flavor from the sodium.




Low Salt chicken tenders




Ingredients:
  • 1 lbs of chicken tenders
  • 1-2 cups of almond flour (found at a health food store Trader Joes)
  • 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning (one without salt)
  • ½ c parmesan cheese (I used one with only 1% salt)
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • ¼ tsp granulated garlic
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • Spray cooking oil
  • 2 baking sheets
  • Aluminum foil



Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Line baking sheets with foil
    3. Prepare 2 flat bowls or pie plates, one with egg mixture & the other with flour, cheese and other spices
    4. Pat chicken tenders dry with paper towel
    5. Dip one tender at a time in egg, followed by flour mixture
    6. Place on sheet making sure it has space from other chicken pieces
    7. Once all chicken has been breaded, lightly spray with cooking oil
    8. Bake for 15-20 mins, until chicken is golden and measures 180 degrees
    9. Enjoy





You can serve these alone or with your favorite sauce. I prefer buffalo sauce; my son just eats them plain. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!