I know normally we make a dinner recipe, or maybe a lunch recipe, but I've been eyeing this recipe for months. Yes, months. I wasn't sure when I wanted to incorporate the yumminess into the blog, but now seems like a really good time. In fact, my mouth is watering just thinking about the cheesy goodness, so why don't you all meet me in the kitchen and we'll whip up a batch? I'll meet you there! Allons-y!
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a food processor, pulse everything except water together until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- While pulsing, add in water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from food processor, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough (very thin) and cut into squares.
- Use a toothpick, or the end of a scissors to poke a hole in the middle of each cracker.
- Place the crackers on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
I hope your kids and family enjoy these tasty cheese squares! I'll be back soon with some sort of a new recipe. Stay tuned because Breakfast Saturday is coming up soon. I'll see you all there! Until tomorrow, I bid you all a good day, and happy blogging to all!