For those of you who are health conscious, fret not. This meal is made with brown rice and whole wheat tortillas. You can easily substitute the tortillas and rice for regular tortillas and white rice if preferred. Now, I'm going to zip off to the kitchen. I hope to see you all there!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 12 ounces strip steak, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared guacamole
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine salsa and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, return to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the steak with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of cheese, guacamole, cilantro and the rice mixture. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito.
I'll be back soon with another recipe. Until then, I hope to see you all around. Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!