Hey bloggers and foodies! Today is Friday, and you know what Friday means? For me it means hanging out, checking the sports scores, and hearty, delicious grub that I would normally go out of my way to make during the week due to time constraints. Along with those things that I normally have no time to do is grilling. I think that the best time to grill is on the weekends when my friends and family can be there with me, drinking a few beers and laughing. A LOT.
For tonight's recipe, we will be grilling steak. This recipe serves two, so if you have friends or family to feed, you will need to increase the proportions, but luckily, this recipe is easy so doubling or even tripling won't be too big of a deal. So, let's go fire up those stovetop grills, and I'll meet you in the kitchen!
Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce
You will need:
- 2 whole Ribeye Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Very Large Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
Ready to get our grill on? Let's do this.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the steaks.
- Grill in 2 tablespoons butter until medium rare (Feel free to cook to your preferred doneness).
- Saute the onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and pour in the cream.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Stir in blue cheese until melted.
- Serve steaks on a generous portion of sauce.
Thanks for joining me tonight. Stay tuned for tomorrow's edition of Breakfast Saturday. It's sure to be something delicious! Until then, have a great Friday, and happy blogging to all!