Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cilantro Chicken Nuggets And Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower

Hey hey ladies and gents! I was going through my vast collection of recipes trying to find a perfect meal to match the mood I'm currently in. My mood you ask? I'm feeling a bit childish. Not the "I'm going to throw a tantrum" kind of childish, but rather the "I need some finger food" childish. I've realized that chicken nuggets is the quintessential finger food for people of all ages.

We're taking a more grown up route though. I'm not a fan of those processed, nasty McDonald's nuggets or any fast food chain nuggets really. These nuggets are the furthest from processed as we can get! And even better, we will be paring these cool cilantro nugs with some spicy buffalo roasted cauliflower. I'd say this is a pretty complete meal. The best part? Everything takes about 30 minutes to cook and serves 2 to 4 people. Now, I'm ready to get my foodie on. Will you all join me in the kitchen? Yes? Awesome. I'll meet you all there!




Cilantro Chicken Nuggets
and
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower




For the Cauliflower, you will need:


  • 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 tablespoon oil or butter
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping


For the Nuggets, you will need:


  • 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1 bundle of cilantro, chopped
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil



Ready?




To Make the Cauliflower:


  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Cut up the cauliflower into florets.
  3. Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
  4. Roast in the oven until lightly golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
  5. Toss the cauliflower in a mixture of the hot sauce and butter and enjoy warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.




To Make the Nuggets:


  1. Mix all of your nugget ingredients together: ground chicken, egg, cilantro, scallions, sesame oil, ginger, salt and pepper.
  2. Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
  3. Place your coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
  4. Make small  nugget-sized balls from your mixture, and place each nugget in the coconut flour (being sure to only lightly dust the nuggets) then place in your skillet.
  5. Use a spatula to slightly flatten out each nugget. 
  6. Cook on both sides for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
  7. Enjoy!



Thanks for joining us here at The Tasteful Texan. I'll be back again tomorrow with a new recipe for everyone to enjoy. Until then, have a great weekend, and happy blogging to all!