This recipe is super simple. Yes, I really mean super simple. It takes roughly 35 minutes total and makes 4 servings. Can it get any easier? Well, technically you could get in your car, drive to a Chinese restaurant and order, but we want to bask in the almighty awesomeness of something we made for ourselves, right? Yes! So, join me in the kitchen and we can celebrate our delicious dinner victory later. Allons-y!
You will need:
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces, and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken.
- Add all other ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over white rice, and enjoy!
I'll be back on Thursday, so stay tuned for Dani Wednesday tomorrow. I can't wait to see what she has in store for all of us! Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!