Sunday, July 28, 2013

Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Sandwiches


Hey bloggers, foodies, and friends! I know yesterday was supposed to be our Breakfast Saturday entry, but honestly, I got distracted. It's been happening a lot lately due to all the knitting I've been doing, amongst other this. This morning, I wanted to make up for that by going through with a breakfast recipe.

I love french toast, and I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was pleasantly surprised when this recipe decided to combine the two of them. This recipe normally serves 2 people, but we're doubling up so we can feed a full sized family if needed. So, grab those aprons and I'll meet you in the kitchen!




Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Sandwiches
Serves 4





You will need:




  • 4 Eggs
  • 8 Slices Bread
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • Your favorite jelly
  • Your favorite peanut butter
  • powdered sugar, for dusting



Ready?





  1. Mix the 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of milk, pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until it is all combined.
  2. Add a pat of butter to an iron skillet over a medium-high heat. 
  3. When the butter has melted and coated the whole pan, dip your bread into the batter, letting any excess drip off. 
  4. Fry it up until it is golden brown on each side.
  5. Make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich using the french toast.
  6. Repeat until all sandwiches are made.
  7. Cut them in half, dust with powdered sugar, then serve.
  8. Enjoy!





Thanks for joining me today. I'll do my best to be back tomorrow with a regular recipe (unless you all request otherwise). Have a great Sunday, and happy blogging to all!