Hey bloggers, foodies, and friends! I know yesterday was supposed to be our Breakfast Saturday entry, but honestly, I got distracted. It's been happening a lot lately due to all the knitting I've been doing, amongst other this. This morning, I wanted to make up for that by going through with a breakfast recipe.
I love french toast, and I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was pleasantly surprised when this recipe decided to combine the two of them. This recipe normally serves 2 people, but we're doubling up so we can feed a full sized family if needed. So, grab those aprons and I'll meet you in the kitchen!
Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Sandwiches
You will need:
- 4 Eggs
- 8 Slices Bread
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Your favorite jelly
- Your favorite peanut butter
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Mix the 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of milk, pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until it is all combined.
- Add a pat of butter to an iron skillet over a medium-high heat.
- When the butter has melted and coated the whole pan, dip your bread into the batter, letting any excess drip off.
- Fry it up until it is golden brown on each side.
- Make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich using the french toast.
- Repeat until all sandwiches are made.
- Cut them in half, dust with powdered sugar, then serve.
Thanks for joining me today. I'll do my best to be back tomorrow with a regular recipe (unless you all request otherwise). Have a great Sunday, and happy blogging to all!