Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dani Wednesdays: Cherry-Chocolate Bread Pudding

Lately, I have been busy with my new job as a personal chef. The meals I am making are delicious and I wonder why I do not cook that way at home. Unfortunately when I get home after a day of cooking in someone else’s kitchen, I do not always have the mindfulness to take pictures. That being said, next week I will share with you one of my amazingly delicious salt-free recipes. In the mean time, here is dessert.

Anytime I need a dessert in a hurry, the comfort of bread pudding is my go to.




Cherry-Chocolate Bread Pudding




Ingredients:


  • 1 loaf  - sourdough bread (you can use whatever you like, if sourdough is not available)
  • 6 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 c. half & half
  • 2 tsp. vanilla (use the best you have)
  • ½ c. sugar
  • ½ c. dried cherries
  • ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips




  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut bread into approx. 1 inch pieces
  3. Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
  4. Mix together eggs, half & half, vanilla, sugar (separate bowl)
  5. Pour mixture over bread, add cherries and chocolate.
  6. Stir to combine and all liquid has been absorbed
  7. Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray
  8. Put bread mixture into baking dish
  9. Bake for 45 mins or until dessert is golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean.





Serve this with ice cream, whipped cream or powdered sugar. Enjoy!