Anytime I need a dessert in a hurry, the comfort of bread pudding is my go to.
Cherry-Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf - sourdough bread (you can use whatever you like, if sourdough is not available)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 c. half & half
- 2 tsp. vanilla (use the best you have)
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. dried cherries
- ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut bread into approx. 1 inch pieces
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together eggs, half & half, vanilla, sugar (separate bowl)
- Pour mixture over bread, add cherries and chocolate.
- Stir to combine and all liquid has been absorbed
- Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- Put bread mixture into baking dish
- Bake for 45 mins or until dessert is golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean.
Serve this with ice cream, whipped cream or powdered sugar. Enjoy!