Good afternoon bloggers! Yesterday, we took an easy day. I hope that everyone got their fill of peace and relaxation. Today, we are kicking our speed up just a notch, but only a notch. ^_^ Today, we will be making turkey! I can assure you all that it isn't at tough as it sounds. Let's grab those roasting pans and get cooking!
Rosemary Roasted Turkey
You will need:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
Still here? Great. Let's begin!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt, then set aside.
- Wash the turkey inside and out and pat dry.
- Remove any large fat deposits.
- Loosen the skin from the breast (This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin). Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg.
- Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast.
- Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 180 degrees.
- Let the bird cool for a bit, then slice, serve, and enjoy!
I hope you all have a great evening. Share this recipe if you'd like and be sure not to over-stuff yourselves on this delicious meal. I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging and enjoy the video below... but please, don't hate on me for Justin Bieber's dumbness. <3