Good evening bloggers! Welcome to another edition of Everyday Meals. Tonight, I've decided to take it fairly easy on everyone. Lately, we've all been working our butts off making hearty Cajun Meals and what not. I figured, why not something respectably easy, like a pasta salad? Not to mention, it's Summer and it's hot and no one wants to slave over a hot stove all night. So, let's grab those aprons and get prepping!
Sesame Pasta Chicken Salad
You will need:
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper.
- Shake well.
- Pour the sesame dressing over the pasta, and toss to coat evenly.
- Gently mix in the chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
I hope you all have an easy night. Don't stress too much and I will catch you all on the flip side. Enjoy this peaceful song and video below. Happy blogging to all! <3