Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
You will need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.25 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves , cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
Ready? Let's do this!
- In a medium saucepan, saute the cilantro, garlic and jalapeno pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, tequila and lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency, then set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over the chicken and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized skillet, saute the onion and the red, green and yellow bell peppers with the remaining tablespoon of butter or margarine, stirring occasionally.
- In a pot, cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- When the peppers have wilted, add the chicken and soy sauce.
- Toss and add the reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
- Bring to a boil and gently simmer until the chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick.
- Toss the sauce with the well drained fettuccine and garnish with cilantro.
I hope you enjoy this dish. Please note, the alcohol will have simmered out, leaving your dish left with only a mild remaining flavor. If you were worried before, please, don't be. Savor the flavors and I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy Blogging to all! <3