Chicken in Basil Cream
You will need:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Are you still with me? Good.
- Place the milk and bread crumbs in separate, shallow bowls.
- In a skillet, heat butter or margarine to medium heat.
- Dip the chicken in milk, then coat with the crumbs. Cook the chicken in the skillet, on both sides, until juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add the broth to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen the browned bits from the pan.
- Stir in the cream and pimentos, then let boil and stir for 1 minute before reducing the heat.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper.
- Stir the sauce and cook until heated through.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and serve!
I hope you all have a great day. I just want to alert everyone out there in the universe that tomorrow is Alzheimer's Action Day (September 21st). You can help raise awareness by alerting your friends, family, whoever. If you have a facebook, change your profile picture and turn it purple. Help fight the number 1 disease in America. Happy blogging <3