Vegetable Stuffed Cannelloni
You will need:
- 8 cannelloni noodles
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted water, parboil the cannelloni.
- Meanwhile, cook 2 cloves garlic and 2 shallots in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the sherry, raise heat to high, and reduce the liquid by half.
- Stir in cream and reduce until there is about 1.5 cups of liquid.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste, then set the cream sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, 3 shallots, 3 cloves garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant in olive oil until all vegetables are tender and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the red peppers, basil, oregano, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set the filling aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Stuff the vegetable and cheese filling into the cannelloni.
- Place in the prepared baking dish and cover with cream sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. If you're from the states, please take a moment to remember the fallen from 9/11. Say a prayer and have a slow day. I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all. <3