Good afternoon bloggers! Just to recap, yesterday, we took a detour from our usual path and did a vegetarian ditty called Veggie Burgers. Today, we can happily skip back onto our path of starches and yumminess (not that veggie burgers are horrible!) Anyway, today we are taking one dish that I really love to pieces (Margherita pizza) and crafting it into pasta form. It's a dish that I'm sure each of you will enjoy, especially if you have a rich heritage of Italian in you. With that being said, let's go make some food!
You will need:
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, freshly cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the freshly cooked pasta in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, then cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the drained tomatoes and green onions, followed by a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook until just heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the hot cooked angel hair pasta with the tomato mixture.
- Add the sliced fresh mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves, tossing to mix.
- Divide the pasta between 4 dinner plates.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
I hope you all have a fabulous day! Thank you for joining me again. I leave you all with another of my favorite music videos. Happy Blogging to all and I'll catch you on the flip side! <3