You will need:
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, with juice reserved
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
Let's do this!
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg, milk, ginger and salt.
- Shape the mixture by rounding tablespoonfuls into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place meatballs in skillet and cook until evenly brown, and meat is no longer pink, then drain the excess fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix until smooth, then pour into the skillet with meatballs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green pepper and pineapple chunks.
- Heat through.
- Serve on your favorite rice and enjoy!
I hope you all have a great day. Enjoy this dish, share it, and I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3