Amaretto Shrimp Almondine
You will need:
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
Grab those aprons and let's get cooking!
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add your pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- Place flour in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour a few at a time, and place in the skillet. Work as quickly as possible, as the shrimp will cook very quickly.
- Cook the shrimp only partially, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel lined dish, and set aside.
- Stir in the honey and almonds, return to a simmer, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Very carefully pour in the Amaretto.
- Light a match, or even better, a long wooden skewer.
- Holding your hand away from the flame and to the side of the pan, ignite the Amaretto.
- This will quickly burn off the alcohol and speed the reduction process. Lightly boil for 2 minutes to reduce.
- Return the shrimp and pasta to the skillet, and toss together until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you all have a blast with this specific dish. Please, be careful and keep an eye on the open flame. This is very dangerous and has been known to cause large fires, but don't let that stop you. Be adventurous, but take precaution. I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3