Soy and Honey Pork Chops
You will need:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 center-cut boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, or as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
Let's grab those utensils and get to the grill!
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the honey-soy mixture into a small bowl and save for later.
- Brush the chops with canola oil on both sides, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill the chops on the hottest part of the grill until lightly charred and crusty, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Move the chops to a cooler area of the grill, and continue to cook, brushing both sides generously with the honey-soy glaze, until chops are no longer pink inside, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- The juices should run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a chop should read at least 160 degrees.
- While the chops are grilling, brush the slices of onion with oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill the onion slices until they are translucent and browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, place the chops and onions on warmed plates, and brush the chops with the reserved honey-soy glaze.
I hope you all have a fantastic day. Take it easy while the kids are at school. I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3