Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Good afternoon bloggers! I welcome you all to another edition of Everyday Meals. I'm Mandie, your "hostest with the mostest". I would love to tell you that I was off galavanting yester in light of my absence, but I was not. I am working hard on a story that I aim to get published. Working hard makes me hungry though. Today, we will be taking it easy and dealing with a casserole. We will be making something called Bruschetta Chicken Bake. For those of you who don't know... bruschetta is an antipasto ("before the meal") from Italy. It dates back to somewhere in the 15th century. Bruschetta is often mispronounced. You actually say it like so: brus'ket:a.  Now that I have fed your intellect, why not feed our stomaches? I'll meet you in the kitchen!





Bruschetta Chicken Bake





You will need:






  • 1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves,  cubed
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 (6 ounce) box chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning





Now that I'm sure you've stuck around, let's get cooking!





  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. 
  3. Toss the cubed chicken with the salt in a large bowl. Place the chicken in a layer into the bottom of the baking dish. 
  4. Stir together the tomatoes, water, garlic, and stuffing mix in a large bowl, then set aside to soften. 
  5. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. 
  6. Spread the softened stuffing mixture on top. 
  7. Bake uncovered until the chicken cubes have turned white and are no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
  8. Let cool and enjoy!








I'm glad you all decided to join me for this interesting twist on an apetizer made meal. Have a great and safe weekend where ever you are. Come back tomorrow for another exciting dish to try your hand at. Happy blogging to all and I'll catch you on the flip side! <3