Basil Pan-Seared Scallops Over Pasta
You will need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 24 scallops, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 9 tablespoons whipped butter
Take a breath, enjoy the view and let's do this!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain, rinse, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the scallops in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper, then pour mixture over the scallops.
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer in a large baking dish or plate.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon dried basil over scallops so that only one side is sparsely coated with basil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, and melt one tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- Place 12 scallops basil-side down, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until dark golden brown.
- Turn the scallops, and cook the other side.
- Cook the remaining 12 scallops the same way.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter with 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Toss pasta with the butter and olive oil mixture.
- Divide pasta onto plates, and top with scallops.
I hope you all have a fantastic afternoon. If your family doesn't enjoy this dish, we must be doing something wrong... Haha not really. But I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to everyone! <3