Acapulco Margarita Grouper
You will need:
- 4 grouper fillets
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place the grouper in a shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and olive oil.
- Pour the mixture over the fillets, and rub into the fish. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour, turning the fillets once.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and sugar.
- Season to taste with salt and set the salsa aside.
- Remove the fillets from the marinade, and pat dry.
- Brush the fillets with oil, and sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- In a small saucepan, boil remaining marinade for several minutes.
- Remove from heat, and strain out the garlic cloves, then set aside to cool.
- Grill the fish for 4 minutes per side, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving dish.
- Spoon salsa over the fish, and drizzle with the cooked marinade to serve.
I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your evening. I will catch you all on the flip side. I'll leave you with this awesome song that always makes me giddy inside. Happy blogging to all! <3