Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
You will need:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds beef (boneless chuck roast)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Flour tortillas
- Favorite taco toppings
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mix into the beef, covering each side evenly.
- Once the oil is hot (it will shimmer a bit in the skillet), place the beef in the skillet and sear on each side.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Leave the pan on the heat, and add in the beef stock to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato paste and minced chipotle and whisk into the pan sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic on top of the seared beef in the slow cooker.
- Pour the pan sauce down over the onions, garlic, and beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the slow cooker, and mix into the shredded beef.
- Serve the beef in the flour tortillas, topped with your favorite taco toppings.
And we have tacos! I hope you enjoy them. I will see you tomorrow for another exciting dinner recipe. Keep sending in those requests and thank you for being loyal to E.M.E.F. You rock! Good night.