You will need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 5 canned whole green chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 (28 ounces) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 and 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
Are you all in attendance still? Excellent!
- Coat large saute pan with oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder and Mexican spices before turning.
- Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
- Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender.
- Add corn and chiles and stir well to combine.
- Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
- Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips.
- Add shredded chicken to saute pan, combine with vegetables.
- Dust the mixture with flour to help set.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable.
- Coat the bottom of two (13 by 9 inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce.
- Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla.
- Fold over filling and place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese melts.
- Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving.
Well, I don't think I have much to say after this meal other than: Ooooh! Yummy! I'll see you all later and enjoy your enchiladas. Good night!