Salmon Stir Fry
You will need:
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound salmon filets, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
Great, now that we have everything, we can begin!
- Cook rice in water as directed on package to make 4 cups cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the salmon chunks and cook, stirring once for 2 to 3 minutes or until partially opaque.
- Cover the skillet and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the salmon is opaque and flakes easy with fork.
- Remove cover from skillet; stir in the frozen vegetables.
- Add the vinegar and soy sauce; stir well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice with a little drizzle of soy sauce.
Stir fries are an excellent meal for a hungry family. If you have children who are a bit finicky, pick out the vegetables and feed them just the salmon and the rice. It's secretly healthy (the salmon) and the rice will fill them up fast. Enjoy this meal and I will see you all tomorrow! Good night!