The meaning of Easter is Jesus Christ's victory over death. Easter also represents our hope for eternal life. It's the story of Jesus' life, execution, and resurrection. To quote a dear friend and family member of mine, " His birth, life, and even sacrificial death would have meant nothing without His resurrection, which is the key to our salvation and faith." Yes, the real meaning of Easter has been misconstrued by brightly colored eggs, which in turn can be seen as the birth of Jesus. Chocolate and candy, however has no semblance what-so-ever. Well, with that being said we shall start this easy meal. Onward to our list!
Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib
You will need:
- 2 cups coarse kosher salt
- 4 pounds prime rib roast
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
Are you all still here? See, that wasn't such a bad shopping list!
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with a layer of kosher salt.
- Place the roast, bone side down, on the salt.
- Season the meat with the ground black pepper and seasoning salt, then cover completely with kosher salt.
- Roast in preheated oven for 4 to 5 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
NOTE: Make sure to remove all of the salt from the roast before serving.
And that was easy as 1, 2, 3! A delicious dinner, or lunch to celebrate this upcoming holiday with you and yours. I hope you enjoyed this simple meal and I will see you all tomorrow for more Easter dinner (or lunch) ideas! Good night!