Mediterranean Shrimp with Bulgur
You will need:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or nonalcoholic wine
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked small (30 to 40 count) shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Now we can begin!
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat water until boiling.
- Add bulgur and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in wine; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir tomatoes, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the parsley, the capers, black pepper and red pepper flakes into the pan with the onion.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Stir cooked bulgur into shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 and 1/2 tablespoons parsley.
And we have another easy recipe from another country for you to enjoy! I will see you all soon. Have a great night!