Honey Mustard Panko Chicken Nuggets
You will need:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 pounds of chicken tenderloins or chicken breast, cut into chunks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or flour all-purpose
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups coarse dry whole-wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoons salt, divided
Are you ready to get cooking? Me too!
- Combine the honey, mustard, orange juice and garlic in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a storage bag, add the chicken and marinate 30 minutes to a few hours.
- When you are ready to bread the chicken, preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare the baking sheet by placing a cooling rack on it.
- Create the following assemble line: A shallow bowl containing the flour, a lightly beat eggs in the second shallow bowl, and the breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the bowls containing the flour and the one containing the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Spray the cooling rack with the cooking spray.
- Coat each nugget in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and let excess drip off.
- Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture and place the nuggets on the prepared rack.
- Bake the tenders for 18 to 20 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Voila! we have a dinner that will satisfy anyone, including children. I hope to see you all tomorrow. Have an excellent night!