Lamb chops with Eggplant Caponata
You will need:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small eggplant, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 12 to 16 lamb loin chops
- Arugula, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper and cook until the eggplant begins to soften, about 3 more minutes. Add the rosemary, tomato and vinegar and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the capers and pine nuts; set aside to cool slightly.
- Place a large skillet over high heat.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, place the lamb chops in the pan, fat-side down, and cook until the fat begins to render, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the chops onto their sides and cook until crisp and brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Divide the eggplant caponata and lamb chops among plates and garnish with arugula.
Well, this was an easy meal. I will see you all tomorrow for our final and most delicious Easter meal. Have a fabulous evening and I will see you all tomorrow! Good night!