Delicious Ham and Potato Soup
You will need:
- 3 and 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 and 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
Are we still all together?
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added.
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Soups are an easy alternative to standing over a hot stove and cooking. You just let them do their thing, boil, and ta-da! You have a super easy meal that will satisfy even the pickiest eater. I'll be back tomorrow for another entry of E.M.E.F. Good night everyone!