Honey Butter Ham
You will need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- whole cloves
- 3 to 5 pound half ham, fully cooked
See? That was once again, very simple to shop for.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in honey, brown sugar, and mustard until smooth and set aside.
- Place the ham in the roasting pan.
- Score the top surface of the ham in a diamond pattern, making the cuts about 3/4 inches apart.
- Push a whole clove, point side down, into the center of each diamond in the ham.
- Spoon half of the butter mixture over the ham.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then spoon over the rest of the butter mixture.
- Roast for another 20 minutes, then baste the ham with the pan drippings.
- Roast for another 25 to 35 minutes, or about 20 minutes per pound, until the ham is hot and glazed.
- Slice thinly to serve.
Okay, if you are anything like me, you are going to require one or two extra things in the kitchen to prepare this meal. A mother and a sister (or excellent brother if you're lucky). I don't cook unless one of those two are with me. Now, to finish this meal off, pair your ham with some mashed potatoes, asparagus, a pie of your choice and something to drink. You have an entire meal to enjoy (which is the purpose of this blog...). I will see you tomorrow for day 4 of Easter week. Good night!