You will need:
- 2 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 8 ounce container of mushroom, sliced and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
- Split each chicken breast through the middle to make 2 pieces.
- Place plastic wrap over them and pound each one flat using a meat tenderizer until they are about a quarter inch thick.
- Season a good amount of salt and pepper on both sides of each piece.
- Place some flour on a plate and and dredge each piece of chicken in it.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and when the oil is hot fry each piece of chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown (this may require you to do this in 2 batches).
- Remove chicken and place them on your serving platter covering them with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add butter and mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes making sure to season them with salt and pepper lightly.
- Add marsala wine, sherry, and chicken stock allowing the liquid to reduce slightly – approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken and serve.
Tada! You have a fantastic dinner to serve up to your mother this upcoming Mother's Day, or your boyfriend or whom-ever you so choose. Have a great evening and I will see you tomorrow! Good night!