Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese

Good evening foodies and bloggers! This entry is coming a little later than I would have liked. You know how I said yesterday that everyone but my husband and son were illness free? Well that still stands, but my husband has taken a sharp turn. He feels even worse than he did yesterday. I've had to take my son to the doctor's and keep a close eye on my husband. It's been crazy to say the least, so tonight we will be making a rather easy dinner. It requires 1 pot and a few delicious ingredients. Grab those aprons and I'll meet you in the kitchen!



One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese
Yields 4 Servings





You will need:



  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 8 ounces ground beef
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1.5 teaspoons cumin
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 10 ounces uncooked elbows pasta
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves




Ready?




  1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. 
  2. Add garlic, onion and ground beef, and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
  3. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. 
  4. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. 
  5. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
  6. Remove from heat. 
  7. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
  8. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
  9. Enjoy!





Thank you for joining me tonight. I hope you enjoy this super simple meal. I'll be back tomorrow, possibly with a dessert recipe, or maybe even a breakfast recipe. I'm not sure yet, but stick around to find out! Have a great evening, and happy blogging!



~Mandie