One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese
Yields 4 Servings
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces uncooked elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and ground beef, and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Thank you for joining me tonight. I hope you enjoy this super simple meal. I'll be back tomorrow, possibly with a dessert recipe, or maybe even a breakfast recipe. I'm not sure yet, but stick around to find out! Have a great evening, and happy blogging!