We honestly had no idea what we were doing, but we made it work. It was a big hit in our family. Everyone tore into the cheesecake in a matter of minutes, and they all gave it a rating of 10 out of a possible 10! It's super easy to please our family as long as there's dessert around! Tonight, we will try our hands at yet another cheesecake recipe, and I hope y'all like it! So without further ado...
☃On the twenty second day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃
Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
Yields 12 Servings
You will need:
- 1.5 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, (about 27 chocolate wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 10 drops Red Food Color
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For the Crust, mix chocolate wafer crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl until well blended.
- Press evenly into bottom and 2-inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- For the Filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until well blended.
- Add melted white chocolate; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Add sour cream, flour and peppermint extract; mix well.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the batter.
- Add food color; mix until well blended.
- Alternately drop plain and tinted batters by spoonfuls into prepared crust.
- Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave cheesecake in oven 2 hours or until cooled.
- Remove from oven.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Run small knife around sides of pan to loosen crust; remove sides of pan.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Thank you for joining me on our last night of holiday sweets! Tomorrow we start serving up actual Christmas dinner recipes. Stay tuned because we have some delicious recipes coming your way! For now, have a great night, and happy blogging to all!