Tonight, we will be making our own ornaments. The difference though is ours will be cupcake ornaments! With this recipe, you can rally your friends and family, host a cupcake party, and decorate these bad boys any way you want! If you have children, this will be a fun way to spend some time with them during the holiday season. So, without further ado, I present:
☃On the twenty first day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃
Yields 24 Servings
You will need:
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg whites according to cake box
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 24 small candy canes
- Red and green jelly beans
- Red cinnamon candies
- Red string licorice
- Red and green candy-coated chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Make and bake cake as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.
- Frost cupcakes generously.
- Create ornament designs using assorted candies.
- Use top of candy cane to create a “hook” on each cupcake.
I'll be back tomorrow. Starting on Monday, we will be making actual dinner and side recipes pertaining to the holiday. Stay tuned, and I hope to see all of y'all back tomorrow! Happy blogging!