☃On the eighth day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃
Yields 1 Delicious Wreath
You will need:
- 4 eggs whites (at room temperature)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
For the Raspberry Coulis:
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp of brandy
For the Topping:
- 1.5 cup fresh cream, whipped
- 1 pomegranate
- Raspberries, cherries and strawberries to decorate
- Bunch of holly or fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Use a round baking tin to draw one large circle 8 inches wide, then draw another circle inside it approximately 5 inches wide.
- Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Beat in sugar, a little at time until meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Sprinkle over sifted cornflour, vinegar and fold in lightly.
- You should be able to up end the bowl at this stage with no fear of anything coming out.
- Grab a dessert spoon and scoop a dollop of meringue.
- Place this dollop between the outside and inside line.
- Repeat until a ring of meringue is complete.
- Create a second layer of meringue on top of the first until second ring is complete.
- Flatten the top by smoothing the meringue.
- Place meringue in oven for 2 hours at 250 degrees.
- When time is complete, turn off the oven and leave meringue in the oven until completely cool.
- This is very important as there will be less risk of the meringue cracking and collapsing.
- To make the Raspberry Coulis: Blend fresh raspberries, lemon juice and sugar together until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Set aside until required.
- When cool, spread with whipped cream, drizzle on raspberry coulis then decorate with cherries, pomegranates, strawberries, raspberries and holly or mint.
Okay my darling foodies, I'll be back at some point tomorrow with another Christmas goody for you all. Stay tuned, and thank you for joining for our 25 Days of Christmas Recipes! Happy blogging, and I'll catch you on the flip side!