You will need:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup carrot, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet and saute the onion, garlic, and carrot until soft.
- Stir in the pepper, salt, and remaining 1.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and then transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs, milk, and parsley into the bowl.
- Add in the eggs, turkey, and 2 tablespoons of the ketchup mixture.
- Mix everything together until well combined and then transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, patting to smooth the top into a rounded loaf.
- Pour 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of the remaining ketchup mixture on top of the turkey and spread evenly.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Thank you for joining me tonight. I'm glad to be back, and like usual, I will be back tomorrow now that things have smoothed out. Stay tuned and I promise a delicious recipe for y'all! I'll catch y'all tomorrow. Happy blogging!