Monday, December 29, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf

Hello loves! I'm back, and most of my family is healthy again. The flu knocked us on our tookuses! The only members of my family that are still sick are my husband and my son. Now that I'm back, I want to bring us back to speed with a delicious recipe. As most of you know, I love meatloaf. I don't discriminate. I love all meatloaf equally, be it original meatloaf, Italian meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, cheesy meatloaf... I can carry on, but I'm eager to start our entry tonight. So, without further ado, I present:



Turkey Meatloaf



You will need:



  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup carrot, grated
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • 2.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 pound ground turkey



Ready?




  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the Worcestershire sauce. 
  3. Set aside.
  4. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet and saute the onion, garlic, and carrot until soft. 
  5. Stir in the pepper, salt, and remaining 1.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and then transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
  6. Pour the breadcrumbs, milk, and parsley into the bowl.
  7. Add in the eggs, turkey, and 2 tablespoons of the ketchup mixture. 
  8. Mix everything together until well combined and then transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, patting to smooth the top into a rounded loaf.
  9. Pour 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of the remaining ketchup mixture on top of the turkey and spread evenly. 
  10. Bake 50 to 55 minutes.
  11. Slice and serve.
  12. Enjoy!





Thank you for joining me tonight. I'm glad to be back, and like usual, I will be back tomorrow now that things have smoothed out. Stay tuned and I promise a delicious recipe for y'all! I'll catch y'all tomorrow. Happy blogging!



~Mandie