Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Caramel Popcorn

Hello lovelies! You know those wonderful little popcorn tins that come out at Christmas time? You know how they stuff those wonderful tins full of 3 types of popcorn? I love those tins. My big sister, Jessica,  loves those tins. I love the cheddar popcorn. I love the caramel popcorn. I don't mind the normal popcorn...

Some people may say that I will go out of my way to buy a tin yearly. It's true. I love those decorated little tins. They are utterly adorable and make great ornament containers. Our entry tonight is all about delicious caramel popcorn. We'll be getting festive though and throwing in colors! I love colorful things as well, so I'm really excited to share this entry with y'all.



☃On the twentieth day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃ 




Christmas Caramel Popcorn




You will need:



  • 3 bags butter and salted popcorn, popped (remove any remaining kernels)
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1.5 cups brown sugar
  • 1/4 + 1/8 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • red and green food coloring




  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. 
  3. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. 
  4. Boil over low heat for 5 minutes. 
  5. Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla
  6. Place each bag of popcorn in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. 
  7. Pour approximately 1/3 the caramel over one pan of popcorn. 
  8. Toss to coat.
  9. Place half of remaining caramel in medium bowl and add red food coloring until you reach the desired shade of red. 
  10. Immediately pour the mixture over the second pan of popcorn. 
  11. Toss to coat.
  12. Add green food coloring to the remaining caramel until you reach desired shade of green. 
  13. Immediately pour over the third pan of popcorn. 
  14. Toss to coat.
  15. Bake for 45 minutes, rotating pans and stirring each pan with a spatula coated with cooking spray every 15 minutes. 
  16. Cool completely before serving.
  17. Enjoy!






Thank you for joining me tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas recipe. Stay tuned the rest of this week as we finish off our 25 Days of Christmas Recipes. We will finish the week with a couple of actual holiday recipes, not just sweets and treats. I can't wait to share those with you! I'll catch y'all on the flip side!


-Mandie