Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

Hello my Christmas recipe loving foodies! Tonight, we are making another recipe near and dear to my heart. Each year, while I lived with my best friend, my sister-in-law, we always psyched ourselves up for the Christmas season. We knew that when the time rolled around, we would be making peanut butter balls. It was a tradition. The first time we made them, the chocolate was perfectly melted. It was magical! The second time, the chocolate was very difficult. There were other times we made them, but those two times are the times that stick out to me. We made a great team, and I hope you and your family can find the same enjoyment and feelings of doing something as a family as we did! Now that I don't live with my big sister, I wanted to do something to remember the great holiday times. This will be my first holiday without her. This recipe is for you, Jei Jei!



☃On the eighteenth day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃ 



Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Yields 55 Servings (1 Ball = 1 Serving)



You will need:



  • 2 cups creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup salted butter (softened)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 packages (1 lb each) Chocolate Almond Bark




  1. Mix the peanut butter, salted butter and vanilla together in a large bowl.
  2. After they are well mixed together, add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time. 
  3. You may need to add a bit more or a bit less powered sugar. 
  4. You have enough powered sugar when the mixture holds together well in one giant ball in your mixing bowl.
  5. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 to 25 minutes until they firm up. 
  6. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
  7. Cover and refrigerate again, for about 15 to 20 minutes. 
  8. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
  9. Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. 
  10. You can use two spoons. Dip the ball in the chocolate with one spoon and then take it out and toss it back and forth between each spoon.
  11. Let the excess chocolate drip off, as the chocolate will pool a little when you set it down. 
  12. Place the dipped peanut butter chocolate ball onto wax paper and let it harden.
  13. Chill until ready to serve. 





Once again, thank you for joining me. This recipe means the world to me, and I'm glad that I could share one of my favorite recipes for the holiday with y'all. Stay tuned tomorrow for yet another recipe in our 25 Days of Christmas Recipe theme! Happy blogging to y'all!


-Mandie