☃On the seventeenth day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃
Rice Krispy Cake Surprise
You will need:
- 18 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 4 bags marshmallows
- 2 sticks butter
- Yellow and green food coloring
- 8-inch round cake pan
- 6-inch round cake pan
- 3-inch round cake pan
- Vanilla Frosting (store bought OR homemade)
- Start by making a batch of the Fruity Pebbles for the tree portion of the cake.
- Follow the recipe on the box to make the Rice Krispie treats, but use four tablespoons of butter instead of three because this will help mold the tree shape.
- After the marshmallows are mostly melted, add in one tablespoon of green gel food coloring.
- Mix until fully incorporated and let the mixture rest a few minutes.
- Use your cake pans as a guide.
- Start the base of the tree with the eight-inch pan.
- Make sure the pan is thoroughly buttered.
- Place the base of the tree in the freezer and start on the next layer using the six-inch pan.
- When done, place it in freezer and continue on to the three-inch pan.
- For the top of the tree, mold it into a point instead of keeping it level.
- Now make three batches of regular Rice Krispie treats following the recipe on the box, again using four tablespoons of butter instead of three.
- Remove the other Rice Krispie layers from the freezer.
- Keep the eight-inch tree base in the cake pan and remove the six-inch green tree layer.
- Place it on top on the eight-inch layer.
- Start filling in the green layers with your plain Rice Krispies.
- Add the top green layer and continue filling around it with the plain Rice Krispies.
- If you happen to have an extra eight-inch cake pan, you can place it on the top of the cake to make it level and make sure the sides are even.
- For an extra-sharp edge, wrap the cake exterior in wax paper and run your hands around the cake to get out all the bumps.
- Frost the cake with a vanilla frosting.
Thank you for joining me tonight. Stay tuned for day eighteen of our 25 Days of Christmas Recipes tomorrow! Have a great night, and happy blogging!