We will be using store bought pizza crusts, unless you really want to make the dough yourself. If you do, The Pioneer Woman has an excellent recipe for dough. You can find the recipe HERE. There's also a full recipe for her favorite pizza. Check it out. It looks amazing! For now, let's grab our ingredients and I'll meet you in the kitchen!
Shrimp and Pesto Pizzas
Yields 4 individual pizzas
You will need:
- 4 (6-inch) round pizza crusts
- 2 heaping tablespoons pesto spread
- 20 small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your crusts on non-stick baking sheets.
- Evenly distribute and spread the pesto over each crust, then set aside.
- Coat the shrimp with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the garlic and some salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, sear the shrimp for about 1 minute, flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place 5 shrimp on each pizza, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and goat cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown on the edges. Let cool for just a minute or so and serve.
Thanks for joining me once again. I'll be back tomorrow with another recipe. Before I go, I want to urge you to check out The Pioneer Woman's website. She has some of the best recipes around. If you've never heard of her, do yourself a favor, and really see what her website is all about. It's awesome! Have a great day, and I'll catch you all on the flip side! Happy blogging to all!