Okay, now back to business. I wanted to do something quick, because we all have something we'd rather be doing than cooking on the weekend. This is one of those handy, on-the-go foods. It's great for busy families! So, keeping with the goal of quick and easy, I'm going to stop talking and meet you in the kitchen!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
You will need:
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor.
- Process until everything is mixed together and the oats are smooth.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack for just a few minutes and enjoy!
I thank you for joining us this weekend. May your weekend be filled with fun and lots of laughter. I'll be back tomorrow with another recipe, so until then, I'll catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to all!