I know we've grilled delicious burgers and steaks in the past, but I wanted to do something a little different. I'm 100% positive that we've never made ground chicken burgers. I like the idea, actually. But anyway, I'm ready to whip out the grill, so I'll meet you all outside for a delicious dinner (or lunch)!
Chile Lime Ground Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
Creamy Bacon Potato Salad
For the Potato Salad, you will need:
- 8 to 10 medium size red potatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1.5 to 2 cups of mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup dill weed seasoning
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Burgers, you will need:
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.25 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Burger Buns
For the Guacamole, you will need:
- 3 to 4 ripe avocados, mashed or diced
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the Potato Salad:
- Cook chopped bacon in a large frying pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, scrub and cut your red potatoes into medium bite size pieces.
- Put in a large pot and fill with cold water.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, but not too soft.
- Drain, but DO NOT rinse.
- Lay the drained potatoes in a wide baking dish with paper towels in the bottom.
- Boil 10 eggs (at the same time as you start the potatoes and bacon).
- Use cold water as well when covering the eggs in the pot.
- Once the eggs start to boil, turn off the burner, but leave the pan on the hot burner.
- Put a lid on the pot for 12 minutes.
- Peel the shells off the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half and pop out the yolks, then set them aside.
- Cut the rest of the egg whites into bite size pieces.
- Put the yolks in to a large mixing bowl with the mayo, sour cream, dill weed, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix together until creamy.
- When the potatoes are cooled, add them to the creamy egg mixture. Add the chopped egg whites and crispy bacon.
- Stir and fold softly until all combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the Guacamole for the burgers:
- Mix the ingredients together and keep it as smooth, or course, as you like.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the Burgers:
- Mix together all the ingredients and then refrigerate for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Form 4 patties, and brush them with a little oil.
- Place on a hot grill.
- Cook the burgers for 7 minutes on one side.
- Flip and cook for 6 minutes on the other.
- Be sure to only FLIP the burgers ONCE.
- Serve with fresh guacamole, pepper jack cheese, roasted or pickled jalapeno, crisp romaine and summer tomatoes.
Thank you for joining us today. We hope you have a great day with the kiddos. We'l' see you tomorrow with another amazing recipe. Until then, happy blogging to all, and I'll catch you on the flip side!