Good evening bloggers! We have a hidden jem here tonight. This is a dish that is an undercover agent. It doubles as both a breafast dish... and a dinner dish. It would even be suitable as a brunch dish, so technically, it's a triple agent? Anyway, we are dealing with a sausage casserole today. Let's put on our super spy glasses and our aprons and let's get cooking!
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
You will need:
- 1 pound sage flavored breakfast sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 6 jumbo eggs
Are you ready? Let's get to it!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish.
- Place the sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set the sausage aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs.
- Pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you all have a spiffy evening and a great morning tomorrow. I leave you all with a parting gift (which by the way, I am going to start doing daily). Happy blogging and check out the video below!