Salmon Edamame Burgers
You will need:
- 1 one inch chunk of fresh, peeled ginger root
- 1 cup blanched, shelled Edamame
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1.5 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 4 cups oil
- 4 cup small sprig mitsuba OR Italian parsley
- Place the chunk of ginger root in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and prrocess until minced, scraping down the sides of the work bowl one or two times.
- Add the shelled edamame and pulse until minced as well.
- Transfer the contents of the processor to a large bowl.
- Place the raw salmon chunks in the food processor and process until ground. Transfer the salmon to the bowl with the edamame and add onion, green pepper, sake, soy, salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Stir the mixture until well blended.
- Lightly wet your hands and form the salmon into patties, then set aside.
- Put flour on a large plate and panko on another.
- Beat the egg, then one by one coat each salmon patty in the flour, then the egg, followed by the panko.
- Remove the patty from the panko and press it between your hands.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet and bring the heat to 340 degrees.
- Lower the salmon patties into the oil and fry them for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Lay out 4 plates and arrange 2 patties on each plate.
- Garnish with mitsuba or parsley.
I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon. Enjoy your culture and remember, we are always up for new cultural ideas. Happy blogging and I'll catch you on the flip side!