Good evening bloggers! Today we are going to conquer another Cajun recipe. We will be utilizing chicken today. You don't normally think of Cajun burgers when you think of typical Cajun food, but that is exactly what is on our menu today! Let's grab those handy, dandy aprons, that special spatula and the "kiss the cook" apron and let's get cooking!
Cajun Fried Chicken Burgers
You will need:
- 1 egg white
- 1 small clove garlic or 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk or 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1.25 pound ground chicken, white, dark or mixed
- 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil
Ready? Let's do this thing!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the egg whites, garlic and milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the chicken, salt, pepper, Tony's and 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Lightly mix those together, then add the egg and milk combo.
- Continue to lightly mix until a ball is formed.
- Next, form patties out of mixture to make 4 to 8 burgers.
- Roll or coat these in 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of oil in skillet and heat until hot.
- Place the burgers in the skillet for 1.5 minutes; 45 seconds on each side. Next place those burgers on cookie tray and place in the 300 degree oven for 13 to 14 minutes.
I hope you all had fun mastering this cajun burger. I will catch you all on the flip side. Enjoy this video. It's sure to brighten your day even more than this awesome recipe did! Happy blogging to all! <3