Good evening bloggers! Are you all ready for another delicious breakfast recipe? I know I am! Tonight, we are taking our recipe restaurant-side. When you think Sausage gravy and biscuits, I'm sure the first thing you think of is "Mom's breakfast", but I stop and think of Cracker Barrel or Denny's. Well, we are taking those yummy versions and splashing them into one! Grab those aprons and let's get cooking!
Restaurant Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (26.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
Still with me? Great!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sausage into a deep, heavy skillet over medium heat, and cook, making sure to stir until the sausage is browned and crumbly, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess grease, and mix the sausage with the cream of mushroom soup and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the gravy has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- While gravy is simmering, pop open the can of biscuit dough, and gently separate biscuits.
- Place them onto a an un-greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the biscuits until golden brown, 13 to 17 minutes.
- Split the biscuits in half, place onto serving plates, and ladle gravy over biscuits to serve.
I hope you all have a marvelous evening, followed by a delicious morning with a great breakfast. I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging!