Caramel Apple Cheesecake
You will need:
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple fruit filling, divided
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 12 pecan halves plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Still with me?
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 1/2 cup apple filling and spoon the remaining filling into the crust.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the eggs over the apple filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set, then leave to cool.
- Mix the reserved apple filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan, and heat for about 1 minute.
- Arrange the apple slices around the outside edge of the cheesecake.
- Spoon the caramel sauce onto the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Place the pecan halves around the cheesecake edge, then sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours until firm.
I hope you have a delightfully sweet afternoon and rest of the night. I will catch you all tomorrow for a scrumptious pie recipe! Happy blogging and I'll catch you on the flip side.